Monday, August 13, 2007

Online tools for getting things done

D*I*Y Planner- Printable templates for planning. Includes useful things like blank calendars, project planning forms and to-do lists.

Airset- A disgustingly customizable online calendar. The absolute best tool I've found for the ability to look at my life in different contexts such as school, church, and Lunch Money. It also manages contacts, to-do lists and other facets of organization, but the calendar is what really shines. That said, if you'd like something something a little simpler, you can't go wrong with Google Calendar.

Backpackit- Coolest online note and to-do list manager I've found. Super intuitive. For projects where you need to collaborate Basecamp, which is produced by the same company, is incredibly useful.

Jott- So dang cool. You call Jott's number, tell it who to message (frequently yourself) and Jott transcribes your message and sends an email containing the text of your message to the recipient along with a link to an mp3 of the message. How amazing is that? Great for leaving yourself notes while you're in the car.

Just remember, all these tools do not substitute for actual work. Believe me, I know.
Tomorrow: productivity blogs that I enjoy.

No comments: